Tasting: Bordeaux

I've never tried a Bordeaux before this. While that may not seem like a big deal, I have actually visited Bordeaux. I bought a bottle of Bordeaux. I brought it back with me from France and never drank it, instead keeping it as a souvenir. And I have just never bothered to try a glass of it since. Until tonight.
     I bought this 2014 bottle of Chateau Pilet for $12.99 at the Wine Gallery. Obviously coming from the Bordeaux region of France , it does not list the variety on the bottle as it is known by its region rather than the variety and is a red blend.
    WineMag offers this review: This is a spicy wine, but it is more about ripe fruits, apricot and peach as well as a twist of lemon. The aftertaste is fresh and fruity. The Queyren family's 100 years in the wine business makes good use of its Entre-Deux-Mers' vineyard of 80% Sauvignon Blanc and 20% Sémillon.
     Upon smelling this wine, it was immediately spicy with peppery notes and warm vanilla. It tasted like cherry and licorice. Nutmeg accompanying the vanilla makes this wine well-rounded with a full body and sweet aftertaste. 
This picture features a glass that I stole from a karaoke bar in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
For some reason I felt that this was extremely appropriate. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A toast, to wine!

Dinner: Land Run