Tasting: Middle Sister Drama Queen

I have a confession to make: I bought this because of the label. As soon as I saw it, I thought it was cute. But then I read the label where it says "I just rescued some wine, it was trapped in a bottle." Well at that moment, the Middle Sister had me. For $13.99 at The Wine Gallery in South OKC, I now owned a bottle of The Middle Sister's Drama Queen, or Pinot Grigio. Produced in California, USA, this non-vintage wine is described by the winemaker as "An explosion of apples and pears, with a slight touch of mineral on the finish."


While this is by no means my favorite wine, this crisp floral Pinot Grigio was a fun change from my now normal pattern of big reds. The smell reminded me of a tight, sour apple. The taste was a crisp apple taste with grass and lemony flavors. It was smooth, almost flat. Fruity and enjoyable, but not something I would regularly drink. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A toast, to wine!

Dinner: Land Run

Tasting: Bordeaux