Tasting: Petalo

     When perusing the selection of wines at the Wine Gallery, I decided to buy a wine that my roommate would also enjoy so we could enjoy some Saturday night drinking at home together. To accommodate her sweet palate, I bought an Italian sparkling moscato, grown in the region of Colli Euganei. The full name is Petalo Il Vino dell'Amore, produced by Bottega. When I read the description saying how it was the perfect romantic wine, the wine of love, I knew it was perfect for two best friends watching Austenland on a Staurday night. It cost me $19.99 for this bottle of loveliness.
     The winemaker's notes are: The "Wine of Love" adds a romantic sparkle to every occasion. This delicately sweet sparkling white is crafted from Moscato grapes grown in northern Italy between the two Fabled cities of love, Venice and Verona. Petalo exudes a subtle scent of roses, with frgrant notes of apple and white peach. Fresh fruit flavors mingle on the palate in perfect balance with fine, persistent bubbles. Pelato is the perfect way to celebrae with those you love. Delightful when enjoyed with brunch, fresh fruit and assorted desserts.
     The first thing I noticed about this wine was the beautiful color. While it is a white, when first poured, perhaps due to the bubbles, it had a golden hue that seemed to distinguish it from other white wines I have tried in the past. While the wine is sweet, it has a myriad of flavors that make it a dynamic experience rather than simply sugary. I mostly got strawberry flavor with a hint of fresh raspberry. It was very floral, as the label with a rose suggests. The carbonation was perfect. NOt so bubbly it tickled my nose, but brought an extra element to the palate. My roommate described it as "spritey" because she could taste lemon-lime attributes. The aftertaste seemed especially like apples which was a beautiful, sweet finish. Crisp and light, it was the perfect wine to enjoy with a friend while watching a goofy romantic movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A toast, to wine!

Dinner: Land Run

Tasting: Bordeaux